Took viagra and had sexual intercourse. Noticed purple bruise on penis. Any advice?

Geriatrics Specialist
Question
I just took viagra (100 mg.) for the first time. Then I had sexual intercourse. Then I got a hand job to completion. Immediately afterwards I noticed a purplish bruise on my penis about midshaft. It's about 1 cm in diameter. It doesn't hurt when I press it. I washed it and it's not a XXXXXXX It's XXXXXXX Advice?
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 1 hour later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing to us,

It is normal to have bruise or redness over the shaft of penis (internally) after Viagra usage, since the erected penis stagnates blood circulating in the shaft in order to keep the penis erect.
The dosage you had, too normal for an individual varies from 50 to 100 mg.
The prolonged stagnation results in the bruise/redness which usually subsides after hours, since you would not have any pain, there is nothing to worry that you had any injuries.

In order to avoid such happening in future, reduce the dosage of (sildenafil )Viagra.
Avoid using tight condoms, do not use rough techniques while handling the penis for ejaculation.
Nothing to worry, if it subsides with in a day. If it continues to be there, and further symptoms erupts, advisable to go for an nearby physician to get examined.

Feel free to contact for further queries,