Took viagra. Not getting hard erection. Should I increase the dose of medicine?

Question
viagraAfter taking 25 mg of viagra it helps but I'm not as hard as I could be.
If I take 50 mg will it increase my erections?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later

Viagra causes erections to be stronger and long lasting. But it is associated with serious cardiovascular side effects and should not be used without a medical supervision. It is important to rule out medical conditions specially related to cardiovascular system before altering its doses. Do consult a physician for a physical examination and related investigations.

Some simple measures which you can incorporate and these should help you:

-First of all, quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any)
-Indulge in physical exercise and eat a healthy diet
-Have faith in yourself and do not take any stress. You can talk to your partner openly and indulge in plenty of foreplay before sex.
-Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is very effective in getting stronger and longer lasting erections.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Took viagra. Not getting hard erection. Should I increase the dose of medicine? 17 hours later
l'm asking because I already take 25 mg of
viagra with no adverse side affects. Just asking if more of the pordouct is taken will it
improve results?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
A higher dose will have a better effect on the erections but it will be associated with higher chances of getting the cardiac side effects. Following the above said lifestyle changes will help in decreasing your problem forever.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.