Took plan B after unprotected sex. Now missing period. Is this normal?

Question
Hi, so about 5 week's ago I had unprotected sex, took plan b and got my period on the 28th. My usual period comes the 4-5th of each month, but that did not happen thia month. Now It Is approaching a full month withour my period, is it normal?
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
Hello
After taking emergency pills like Plan B your cycles will become irregular. It will take a few weeks for the cycles to regularise. Your usual date may not be the same again. These are just side effects of emergency pills. You are not protected from pregnancy during this time. Also frequent use of emergency pills are not recommended.

Follow-up: Took plan B after unprotected sex. Now missing period. Is this normal? 6 hours later
So is it okay for my second period, after the one plan b made happen, to be late?
About a week after that induced period stopped, we had protected sex, would that affect anything?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
As i said, your period will be irregular for a month or so. It may be late and you wont have the same dates as before. As long as you have protected sex there wont be a problem with pregnancy. That doesnt affect your cycle.

Follow-up: Took plan B after unprotected sex. Now missing period. Is this normal? 9 hours later
How late does it tend to be? I'm due for it on the 4th, so is it possible i won't get it for weeks after?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 35 minutes later
well, you got withdrawal bleeding on 28th of last mth. You can be delayed by 4-6wks after that.

Follow-up: Took plan B after unprotected sex. Now missing period. Is this normal? 24 minutes later
Even if withdrawal bleeding was march 28th? And it went into the day I was supposed to get it this month?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
That why i said irregular at 4-6 weeks late. You should be getting it within a week or two.I had mentioned that the side effect of plan b is irregular cycles.This happens due to hormonal imbalance.