Took plan B after unprotected sex. Bleeding has not stopped after periods. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Ok long story so I'm sorry but here are all the details. My gf and I had unprotected sex Oct 5 and I came outside on her stomach and wiped it off. I don't think any got in her. 14 hours later I had her take a plan b, the one pill version not the two pill, as she wasn't on anything before since birth control messes up her system. She already has 1 child and miscarried one before that. About almost a week later she gets her period on Oct 11 which is two weeks early, here's the thing she hasn't stopped bleeding for 2 1/2 weeks not spotting but heavy flow! She took a test about 5 days before her normal period would have come if we hadn't taken plan b it was negative. it was a EPT test. She does Natural family planning and keeps up with her cycle she said she was 80% sure she wasn't ovulating when we did it. She said when she was young and tried Birth control she had a "6month period". What are the chances she is actually pregnant?
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Less likely to be pregnant

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

Plan b pill contains a high dose of hormones which doesn't allow implantation of the embryo. Therefore pregnancy does not occur. The best results are from taking plan b within few hours after unprotected sex but it works when taken up to 72 hours after having unprotected sex.

There may be warly or delayed cycles in most women taking plan b with bleeding happening as early as 7 days after taking the pill. Thia happens because of the action of hormones in the pill.

Your partner however needs to check up with a gynecologist if bleeding is there for more than 2.5 weeks. This is to know if there is any other condition for her bleeding and to correct her anemia if her hemohlobin levels are below normal.

The chances of being pregnant are less likely because she has taken plan b within 72 hours of unprotected sex. The home pregnancy test is accurate in most cases 15 days after sex. You may get her to do the home pregnancy test anytime after October 20 if you had last unprotected sex on 5 October.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.A.Rao Kavoor