Took pill after sex. Was taking birth control pills before sex. When can I take the pregnancy test?

Question
I have a question....I had sex(not all of the way because I made him stop after 2-3 strokes and take it out) but after this, I went to the pharmacy and took a next choice pill within an hour of us having sex(if you want to call it that). Before we had
Sex, I had taken 6 days of birth control and I have continued to take the bills in my pack. When is the earliest I can take a pregnancy test ?
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 39 minutes later
Hi, XXXXX

Yes, you have made a very good choice here as the emergency contraceptive pills (next choice pill in your case) are most effective if taken within 12 hours of intercourse.

Coming to your question, you can very well continue your birth control pill. Although as per your history there are very less chances of your's getting pregnant but as you are apprehensive so i would advise you, that get your pregnancy test done only after 3-4 days you missed your period.

Good luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you. If you have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Took pill after sex. Was taking birth control pills before sex. When can I take the pregnancy test? 7 minutes later
Well I still have a question. My period is not set to start for another week and a half and I know that the plan b pills can make that start even longer therefore I Just want to take the test instead of waiting on my missed period because I am terrified.

I had sex last Friday on July 5. Within the hour I went to take a next choice pill and I also took another on July 8. Before the sex(we didn't finish it, I'm just worried about precum). I had taken 6 days of birth control before the sex and I am terrified of getting pregnant. Can you tell me, based on my period and sex time, as to when I could take an accurate pregnancy test.

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 9 hours later
Hi, thanks for the follow up and sorry I was very busy today; just got time so answering now.

Earliest possible pregnancy detection test which can be done by yourself is urine pregnancy test, which can be done at the earliest on the day of missed period or you can also go for serum beta HCG levels from a laboratory on the same day.

At this time I don't see any advantage of these test done as they will not be reliable at this point of time.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you. If you still have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW