Took high dose of sleeping pills. Given salted water. What should be done?

General Surgeon
Today early morning my wife take more sleeping tablet. its for my moms tab. The tablet name is risperidone tab 2mg & imiz -2 . she take each 8 tab. i m given some salted water. then she take vomit. but she getting sleepy and very tired. what i do next treatment.
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 58 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

You should take her to the ER as soon as possible. This medicines can affect brain and heart muscle. It can cause breathing problems due to sedation and heart arrhythmia. There is no specific antidote for this medicines, that is why medical attention is necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.