Took effexor. Being unsteady, showing tremors and confusion. Taking wellbutrin. Having diabetes, depression and fibromyaliga. Cure?

my wife takes 150 mg plus 37.5 mg of effexor daily (for years). over the last few days, she's been unsteady - balance, shows tremors and confusion - more so than ever before. We just checked her pills and find that she may have been taking an extra 150 mg of effexor daily for a week or more. She also may have been taking an extra 300 mg of wellbutrin - she's supposed to take 300 mg a day - and so she may have been taking 600 mg. Would these increases cause the symptoms I've mentiwoned above - unbalance, tremors, confusion. My wife suffers from diabetis, depression, fibromyliga, gird, chrones psychorisis (pardon the spelling) among other ailments.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The symptoms that your wife is having could be due to the sudden doubling of the dose of Effexor. Increase in the dosage of Welbutrin can cause agitation, dry mouth, insomnia, headache, nausea, constipation, and tremor.
It is best to reduce the dosage to the recommended levels and the symptoms are likely to gradually subside in over a week.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.