Took crocin for fever. Experiencing back pain and throat pain while swallowing. Effective medication?

I am getting the feverish feeling since last 2 days and has taken the crocin tablet to subside. The fever in last 2 days was 100 degree and 101 degree The fever is leading to back pain. My throat is also paining while swallow any thing. Please suggest appropriate medicine in same regard along with food items which needs to be taken.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 9 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

You seem to have upper respiratory tract infection (URTI).

You can take tab. Crocin (paracetamol) upto 1 gm 4 times a day.
The throat pain is due to pharyngitis.
I would advise you start warm salt water gargles, avoid spicy, oily foods.
It is better to get evaluated by your doctor in person to determine if it is a viral or bacterial infection. If bacterial, you will need antibiotics.

Do you have any generalized bodyache, runny nose, cough, nausea, rash?
Do you feel breathless?

Back pain may be part of infection related myalgia (muscle pain) or sometimes occurs in early pneumonia.

An OTC cough formula like Sinarest may be taken in the meanwhile till you see your doctor.(2 tsf three times a day).

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!
Follow-up: Took crocin for fever. Experiencing back pain and throat pain while swallowing. Effective medication? 14 minutes later
I only have cough with feeling of dryness in my throat and weakness and it seems to be because of change of season due to which generally i get ill.

Also in my throat i am getting the feeling that balgam is there in my throat which generally comes out while coughing hard.

Kindly suggest the antibiotic as currently i am getting the feeler of weakness and cough . No running nose feeling is there and no rash is there no breathless is there.No generalised body ache on back pain is there when having the fever.
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 24 minutes later
Thanks for the update.
It is an URTI.

I would suggest tablet cefpodoxime 200 mg 2 times a day for 5-7 days. you can get a prescription for the same from your doctor.

However a viral infection does need antibiotic and I would insist on you seeing a doctor and take medicines on advice.
rest of the advice is as in the earlier reply.

Get well soon.