Tested negative for a lot of different autoimmune diseases. Reason for pain in hand and knee?

I have tested negative for a lot of different autoimmune diseases however my hands and knees are in constant pain. What could be the cause of this?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 52 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Pain in hands and knees is not always associated with autoimmune disease. It may be associated with inflammatory arthritis or seronegative Arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis. It may be also related to degenerative disease of spine like disc herniation.
You need to consult board certified orthopaedician or rheumatologist for proper clinical evaluation. Spectrum of investigation can be decided after that only. Don't waste time on money on unnecessary investigations.
If possible please mention test and treatment you have taken. So we can further focus light 9n possible diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.