Tested marginally positive for rheumatoid arthritis. Having joint pains. Also suffered acute lambago. Suggestion?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i had tested marginally positive for rheumatoid arthirits 7 years back. had taken Rumalaya by Himalaya on a ortho's advise for two months and felt better. Off late for the last two years i am facing pains in various large joints - left knee, right elbow, right palm index finger joint. I have also sufferd from acute lumbago last year and am doing regular exercise for my back. However the joints getting effected is botehring me. Can you suggest a Rheumatologist i can visit. I lie near powai however can travel to get the required medical attention.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 minutes later
From your description it seems that you having an acute exacerbation of rheumatoid arthritis. A rheumatologist is the best person to consult in this regard.
The medications for treatment have to be continued for long term with proper follow up. Disease modifying drugs will be most helpful in your case.
Till then for symptomatic relief, you can take over the counter analgesics, do hot fomentation and apply local analgesic gel on the affected areas.
Following these measures might help you:
1. Follow regular exercises like feet exercises, walking, Stretching exercises.
2. Hot fomentation might help during episodes of severe pain.
3. You can also see a physiotherapist for particular joint exercises.
You can try gaultheria oil or oil of winter XXXXXXX so many patients of mine are telling they are relieved of pain with that.

You have to apply the oil on the area that has pain.

Increasing the dietary fish intake and/or fish oil capsules (omega-3 capsules) can sometimes reduce the inflammation .
To find a good Rheumatologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Tested marginally positive for rheumatoid arthritis. Having joint pains. Also suffered acute lambago. Suggestion? 17 minutes later
hi Doctor thanks for your guidance. i am hover not able to find the link in the site where i can get the doctors name. i reaaly need to see a rheumatologist desperately. please help.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 40 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry you had difficulty in finding the appropriate link. Since I am based in northern India, i am unable to refer you to a proficient Rheumatologist near Powai whom I know personally.
One of our customer care executives will assist you further in finding a good
doctor. Please send mail to CRM team, YYYY@YYYY .
Hope this answer is helpful.
Do accept the answer in case there are no follow up queries.