Tender breasts and pain. Started bleeding. On dronis. What is causing this?

I am 26, 5'3 and 134 pounds. I used to have a lot of tender breasts and pain and the doctor initially suggested Ovral L and then I moved to Dronis 20 (which I have been taking for 5 months now). For the last 2 months, I have experienced spotting/bleeding 10 days before my pills are over. Please advise.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Dronis 20 is a combined pill with drosperinone. It is often prescribed for birth control, regulation of periods. You can experience continued spotting, prolonged bleeding, change in period pattern if you take them continuously. Other side effects would include Breast tenderness, Depression, Increase or decrease in facial and body hair ,Hair loss, Increase in spotting and breakthrough bleeding, Weight gain, Dizziness, Nervousness ,Change in libido ,Headaches etc
You can ask your gynecologist for a more appropriate birth control pill to get rid of this mild spotting.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.