Taking saridon for frequent headaches. What is the cure for headache? How should I avoid taking saridon?

Dear Doctor, I am 43 years and a software professional. I am physically fit and a diabetic with good control. I am 6 feet, fit and I am not under any medication as of today. I wear specs -3.5 6/6 both eyes. I do regular (not daily) physical exercise. Being in IT industry, I work for long hours and like many of my colleagues I also get head ache. In the last 5-6 months I am getting the head ache more regularly and I have taken about 5 Seridon tablets to get relief, say one Seridon in a month. While many of my colleagues take Seridon quite regularly, I thought of consulting with you. Can you pls help what do I do avoid the head ache and stop Seridon. Pls.note that I am very clean and hygenic person. I do daily shower with liquid soap and hair shampoo. Anything else if you would want to know, pls ask me. My blood pressure is Normal. Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It seems like Tension headache Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to health care magic I reviewed the history provided by you. It seems from the history you are diabetic and on treatment with gimer tablet. You are having refractive error of -3.5 in both eyes, for which you are using spectacles. Now the main complaints quoted by you are headache which gets relieved by taking analgesics like saridon. The common problems leading to headache are Refractive error, which you are having and for which you are having glasses ENT related problems like sinusitis, this is unlikely as you are not having symptoms of cold, cough... Primary headaches like tension headache, migraine... By analyzing the history it seems that you are having long working probably with stress and you also have diabetes at an early age which is also probably because of stress. Hence it seems that the headache you are having is stress induced headache called as tension headache. The main treatment is by adjustments in life style is by Adequate sleep Healthy nutrition, avoiding junk foods Avoiding long working hours (if your work permits) Avoiding smoking and alcohol (if not please ignore) However I advice you to consult ophthalmologist for verification of glasses for correction if required. As a next step if the headache is still persisting need to consult physician for evaluation and treatment. Hope I have answered your query. If you any other queries I will be happy to help you. With regards Dr. Dadapeer K