Taking saphris. Reason for spotting after masturbation?

what could cause spotting in a virgin after masterbation?(female)
she is also on a drug called saphris
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 39 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with this question.

With masturbation in females, assuming there was an orgasm, there is some contraction of the uterus itself. Assuming that she has a regular cycle, and depending on where she is in her cycle, then a small amount of bleeding from shedding of the uterine lining is certainly a reasonable explanation.

It is also worth considering that she has slightly broken some of the skin and could have bleeding from very minor trauma during masturbation.

If the bleeding is a recurrent problem, then a visit with an OB/GYN would be recommended.

I hope that this helps and good luck!