Taking pristiq desvenlafaxine and valium. Now having loss of memory. Due to medicine?

Dec 2014

I been taking pristiq desvenlafaxine 100mg i then for 2weeks took valium 10mg two times a day i lost my memory didnt know what i doing is this normal I was driving and smashed into a pole i have no memory of anything im confused
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You are taking Desvenlafexine 100 mg and Diazepam 10 mg. You were driving and smashed in a pole but you have no memory of the episode.
It is not due to the side effects of medicines.
Although diazepam increases sedation so it cause slowness of decision and it is not advisable to drive while on diazepam. It increases the risk of accidents.

In cases of trauma there occur loss of memory for period immediately before and after the episode of trauma. It is also called as Anterograde and Reterograde amnesia. Individuals fail to remember anything related to trauma. But the overall memory remains intact with it. There is no need to be confused as it is normal in traumas.

Thanks, if you have more questions you can ask again in follow up.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
(Consultant Psychiatrist)