Taking levoday 500 for small boils in leg. Started feeling cold. Can I take sinarest?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi doctor, Good Evening.. I have small boil in my leg and taking levoday 500 1 cap every 24 hrs. The boil is now become dark and inflammation is almost gone. Now i have symptoms of common cold. Can i take synarest
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Yes you can take sinarest thrice daily for common cold .
It contains acetaminophen , chlorpheniramine and pseudo ephedrine none of which are known to react adversely with the ongoing antibiotic levofloxacin ( levoday 500).
It is also usually not having any adverse reaction with your diabetes medication , glimiperide . The only precaution you need to take is to monitor your blood glucose levels more frequently as both levofloxacin and sinarest might alter the effectiveness of glimiperide resulting in some fluctuation of blood glucose more commonly hypoglycemia .
Another thing to remember is to complete the course of the antibiotic as per doctors prescription even if your boil heals completely in advance . So do continue the levoday as per your doctors advice .
Sinarest should provide temporary relief from common cold which usually resolves in 3-4 days . However of symptoms persist longer than that then kindly get yourself reevaluated by your doctor for further management .
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries .