Taking janumet 500 mg for diabetes. Suffering from loose motion. Is this due to medication?

Question
I AM A DIABETIC PATIENT FOR PAST 4 YEARS & TAKING JANUMET 500 MG TWICE A DAY ,NOW I SUFFER WITH LOOSE MOTION EVEN MANY TIMES WATERY STOOL WITHOUT ANY SPASM OR PAIN . I TAKE HOUSE COOKED FOOD ONLY.IS IT DUE TO JANUMET .KINDLY SUGGEST MEDICINE.

THANKS XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 47 minutes later
HI XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The problem of diarrhea may be related to some infection-viral/bacterial, food intolerance but very unlikely to be caused by JANUMET.
The prominent side effects of JANUMET are Anaphylaxis, angioedema, rash, urticaria, exfoliative skin condition. stevens-Johnson syndrome, hydration.
Tab Zedott 100MG Thrice a day for three would be helpful.
Use rice+curd+oil/ghee+sugar cooked diet at home for 2-3 days.
If still problem remains then you will need to get investigated.
I hope the advise would be useful for you and you would get well soon.