Taking gabapentim and oxycodone for severe spinal stenosis. Getting twitching sensation on hand. Side effect?

Spine Surgeon
I am having "electric shocks" in my hands and involuntary twitching from them. I am taking 600 mg of Gabapentim, 300 bid, and also taking 1/2 of a 500/325 oxycodone tid for severe spinal stenosis from the degeneration in my lumbar spine causing pain in my left leg. I have this pain if I straighten up. These symptoms have appeared over the past 2 months I have been on these drugs. Could these drugs cause such symptoms?.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
These drugs can cause such side effects however I would suggest to rule out any cervical issue. If you have cervical spine stenosis then you may get persistent tingling, feeling of imbalance, twitching in hands. As you said you have severe lumbar stenosis and it is quite common to have similar situation in the neck as well. I would suggest to consult a spine specialist and get examined by him to rule out other possible causes.
Again, you are on quite heavy dosage and I would suggest to consider some other treatment options as these medicines can not be a permanent solution.Thanks.