Taking dronis. Can I skip period by taking the tablets without any gap?

May 2013
I dont want periods during my honeymoon. I am on dronis 30 and my gyanec has suggested me to continue the medicine without any break (not give 7 days break). Is this safe?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
Yes, you can follow your doctor's advice.
The 7 days gap period is usually indicated to induce the withdrawal bleeding.
By taking the tablets without that gap you can skip the withdrawal bleeding and can also achieve contraceptive benefits.
As you are of young age and recently started the pills, usually you may not have any problem with this.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.