Taking cycloreg 5mg three times a day. No periods for 3 months. Can I continue cycloreg to avoid periods a little more ?

i am taking cycloreg 5mg three times a day from 5th march , due to some reason i didn have my periods for 2 to 3 months ,my test were prescribed me cycloreg last year when i got suffered with this type of irregulation of period, for 5day but suddenly now i have to go to visit some place on 14 to 20 this monts i am afraid that i could get period in this duration??what should i do to avoid periods during 14th march to 20 march if i have taken cycloreg for 5 and 6 march ,should i continue?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.

This medicine CYCLOREG is a NORETHISTERONE and produces withdrawal bleeding when stopped.

Since you started taking it and have taken it for two days, it will still produce withdrawal bleeding.

This withdrawal bleeding may take place from next 2 to 7 days which will create problem for you.

The best for you is to continue your CYCLOREG till your visits are over.

Once your visits are over you can stop it and then you will get withdrawal bleeding.

I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.

Thanks and good luck.
Follow-up: Taking cycloreg 5mg three times a day. No periods for 3 months. Can I continue cycloreg to avoid periods a little more ? 55 minutes later
thanks a lot doctor i will follow your suggestion just to ask a last one question is this tablet will work as contraceptive? or i should use other method for it as v use condom. i am married.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 45 minutes later
Yes, this tablet can be used as a contraceptive.