Taking coversyl for blood pressure. Will it be safe to take cialis along with coversyl?

Question
I am on Coversyl 5mg /1.25mg for blood pressure. Is it ok to use Cialis 20mg when on Coversyl ? thanks. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 14 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Coversyl 5/1.25 mg is a combination medication. Coversyl is in the ACE family of medications and is not known to interact with viagra or any of the similar medications.

It cannot be used with antihypertensives in the nitrate family but this is because they act along a similiar pathway and the viagra would increase the effects of the nitrates.
There is no reported problems with use of antihypertensives that work along another pathway,, this includes coversyl.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Taking coversyl for blood pressure. Will it be safe to take cialis along with coversyl? 7 minutes later
Can I take it from your answer that I can start using Cialis 20mg along with the Coversyl 5mg/1.25mg ?

Thanks
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 minutes later
Yes, there is no known problems with the combination