Taking bisapropol half tablet. Suffered sinus tachycardia. Missed few doses. Worried about attack. Suggestions?

I am taking bisapropol half tablet 1.25 per day, I have suffered sinus tachycardia (tested by 24hour monitoring) started because of stress, however gp would like me to start to reduce doseage and has suggested I start in first month 1 dose every other day, then a month of 3 times weekly, then 1 month of twice weekly, then 1 month once weekly. My concerns are that on the rare occasion that I forgot my dose for half a day my heart rate went straight back up as I am very sensitive to medication. Would I be best rather than missing days initially having a quarter dose on alternate days, as I am worried about getting an angina attack, which I had once prior to medication. I'd be grateful for a second opinion.
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 5 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is generally and can safely be withdrawn over a period of 7 to 10 days!...
The half life is about half a day / Your dose is already very small / there may not be a problem either way...
Halving the dose for the first few days and then alternate days is appropriate / there should not be a problem.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck