Is an increased doseage of Colace safe to relive constipation in an elderly?

Hi, My 95 year old aunt is having constipation problems. She is taking 100mG of Colace per day. What can we increase the dose to? Thanks
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes, dose can increased. Detailed Answer: Hi! Thanks for query. I have gone through your history. Yes, you can increase the dose of colace if constipation is not getting relieved with 100mg per day dosing. You might add another 50mg after discussing with her treating doctor. Major side effect of this drug is diarrhoea which should avoided with proper dosing. Hope this solves your query. Wish you good health.