Taking Trazadone and Bupropian. Changed Celexa to Cymbalta and doubled Lorazepam. Chills, sweating, fever. What should I do?

Hi, I have been taken 3 meds on thursday. Trazadone, bupropian, celexa. In place I was given Cymbalta and doubled my lorazepam to 2. As of yesterday, I have feeling the chills and then break out in a sweat. I have slept most of the day which is not like me. I cant sleep at night because my legs and arms just want to stretch all night. What should I do? I really hate feeling this way. I am also having a low grade fever.
I meant I was taken off the three drugs above all at once.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
• 52 year old female
• Known case of major depressive disorder, anxiety, panic attacks, fibromyalgia, asthma and COPD.
• Recent change in medicine from Trazadone, bupropian, celexa to cymbalta and doubled lorazepam dose
• Complaints of: low grade fever with chills, excessive sweating and poor sleep

Your sleep problem may be due to recent change in medicines. Apart from that if you give dose description of medicines, then I will able to help you better.

Sleeping in the day time affect night sleep and reversal of sleep wake cycle may exacerbate preexisting symptoms. So avoid sleeping in day even if you have sleep.

Your fever also need evaluation for cause by physician, need to investigated and treated as it may because of some infection. History of asthma and COPD increases chances of developing infection.

The symptoms you are experiencing may be due to exacerbation of anxiety, depressive, panic and fibromyalgia symptoms due to fever, independent from the drug change. But improvement in fever will definitely help you.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.