Taken tetanus toxoid after dog bite. Any chances of getting rabies? Can I drink alcohol?

Psychiatrist
Question
Sir,
i was bitten by german shepherd dog on 21-12-2012 i have taken only Tetanus Toxoid on same day of bite.
after that i have taken ARV on 16-2-2013,19-2-2013,22-2-2013 and on 22-4-2013.is there any chance of getting rabies for me.
The dog is still alive.
can i drink alcohol now
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 47 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query. It is unlikely you would contract rabies considering the fact that antirabies serum has been administered. There is no contraindication for consuming alcohol. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Taken tetanus toxoid after dog bite. Any chances of getting rabies? Can I drink alcohol? 3 minutes later
is there any food particulars to be fallow for this.
I have taken Arv after 2 months of dog bite does it works.
is there any chance of getting rabies to me.if dog is still alive

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 7 minutes later
Hello
No specific food precautions need to be taken. You are unlikely to contract rabies after a two month gap. Hence do not worry and continue your normal life. Usually it is not advisable to take arv this late. However that does not matter now since you have no likelihood of rabies infection.
Dr Sundar