Taken depo provera injection. Didn't had periods. Have PCOS, given meprate and OCP. Suggest permanent solution?

May 2013
I have taken depo provera injection on 20 feb 2013. Doctor told me my periods will reduce, but I didnt had any periods. After 3 months, I was scanned for PCOS. Then doc gave MEPRATE & still 15 days after no periods. Then doc advised OCP for 3 months.
Please suggest . I need a permanent solution. My body does not suit hormonal medicines, so I dont want to take OCP also.
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 29 minutes later

PCOS presents with hormonal imbalance.
As you didn't get periods after taking progesterone, there may be both estrogen and progesterone deficiency.
So better choice is using combined hormonal pills as suggested by your doctor.
Using insulin sensitizers along with pills and maintaining ideal weight etc. will help in treating the PCOS.
If you don't want to use the pills you can go for surgical procedures like drilling of the cysts etc.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.