Taken Vyvanse, Clonazepam, Lorazepam, Ambien. Danger?

I have a buddy that took two 60 mg vyvanses because he was hung over and needed to work this morning. I guess it worked because he was energetic and wired all day, kind of like he drank a gallon of coffee. The problem is that he couldn't sleep, and I just found out that he took 1 clonazepam, 1 lorazepam, and 1 ambien to try and go to sleep. Is this going to be a problem? Or am I going to have to go check on my buddy soon?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later

Your friend has taken three different tablets to produce sleep after taking vyvanses without any significant sleep. Three pills does not produce any ill effects on the body usually.

It will only cause excessive sleep which can be counteracted by having a cup of strong coffee.

You can just check in with your friend and see if he is sleeping.

You can also look for complications like difficulty in respiration in which case you need to rush him to an Emergency room.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.