Take multi vitamin with 400 ius of Vitamin D. Have high BP. Suggest?

I take a multi vitamin with 400 ius of Vitamin D. I have high blood pressure and take medicine. Should I take additional for heart/blood pressure health?
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The most important thing is motivation – the very fact of questioning confirms your interest...
Investigation and aggressive control of risk factors is all that is needed...
No need to take any specific medicine for heart.
[But some people opt for Polypill for heart – a combination of Beta-blocker (atenolol), and Ace-blocker (lisinopril) – to reduce pressure / Statin – anti-inflammatory and cholesterol reduction / anti-platelet (aspirin) – to reduce clotting by platelet adhesion / folic acid – to reduce homo-cysteine.]

The blood pressure should be controlled well
Watch for Diabetes
Watch for cholesterol
Watch your weight – BMI ought to be in the normal range
A quantitatively and qualitatively prudent diet
     Regular exercise – at least 30 minutes a day / at least 5 days in a week
Stop smoking
Be physically active
Reduce / avoid stress

Keep following up with your doctor regularly....
Discuss with your doctor...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Take multi vitamin with 400 ius of Vitamin D. Have high BP. Suggest? 1 hour later
Thank you. Should I take additional Vitamin D other than the 400iu in my multivitamin?
In addition of the daily 10mg of Amlopidine Besylate and vitamin D, how many mg of omega 3/6 s should be taken daily?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later

The Recommended or Reference Daily Intake (RDI) of vitamin D is 400 IU / Up to 600 is at times allowed until deficiency is corrected / Unlike B vitamins, it is a fat soluble vitamin and is stored and could cause hyper-vitaminosis!
Regarding Omega-3, WHO recommends 1½ gram (1g of alpha linoleic and ½ gram of EPA & DHA)
Overall, counselling by a dietician is ideal - for the quality & quantity of the diet...

Follow-up: Take multi vitamin with 400 ius of Vitamin D. Have high BP. Suggest? 31 minutes later
Thank you, Doctor.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 14 minutes later

All the best
God bless you