Suggest treatment for severe acne

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I use to have sever acne and after consultation it has started to reduce. I have got severe acne marks all over my face and I am going to get married after 4 months.
Please suggest some remedy to get rid of the marks and get a glow on my face.
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload a few images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have gone through your query and it have noted your concern.
Acne, specially if severe grade, may heal with post acne hyperpigmentation and scaring.
I request you to kindly upload a few images in "Reports Section" for better evaluation of the severity and type of post acne marks/ scars and the most appropriate remedy for the same.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe acne 4 hours later
Hi Dr. kakkar,
thank you for reviewing my request.
I have uploaded few images, please check and guide me.
xxxx

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for post acne hyperpigmentation and glow

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have viewed the images.
You still have active acne however the marks are not very obvious in these images. Anyways, acne may heal with dark spots therefore you may use 2% kojic acid cream(kojic cream), twice daily, for post acne hyperpigmentation, after your acne have subsided. As far the glow is concerned I suggest you to use a mild exfoliating face wash e.g a glycolic acid and salicylic acid based face wash (e.g AHAglow S face wash). Use it twice a day once your acne have resolved and after you have discontinued topical treatment.. Don't use this face wash along with your other antiacne topical treatment as it may cause dryness. Use it after your acne resolve - for mild exfoliation and glow - and after you have discontinued topical treatment. Since it is an exfoliating face wash it will also keep your acne under control.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe acne 1 hour later
Thank you Dr Kakkar,

Can you give me few more names of the exfoliating face wash and 2% kojic acid cream available.

xxxx

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for acne spots and exfoliation

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Rejuglow face wash and Demelan cream.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe acne 4 minutes later
Thank you so much for all the help.
xxxx

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing to us.