Suggest treatment for irregular periods with PCOD

May 2013
hi , i am having irregular periods. i checked with lots of doctors. but its not curable. plus m having PCOD . last period i got November 12 2013. still i din get period regular .wat il do for that. can any one help for me ????
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Cause should be treated Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. To regularize the menstrual periods the cause of irregularity should be treated. You consult gynecologist once, get examined and go for investigations like: Ultrasound Thyroid profile Prolactin levels estimation Hemoglobin levels and blood sugar estimation. With this workup present PCOD status can be assessed and other possible causes for irregular periods can be identified. If PCOD is the only cause for your problem, -Now you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding. -Then you can go for hormonal pills and insulin sensitizers to regularize the periods. Maintaining ideal weight for height helps in controlling PCOD. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for irregular periods with PCOD 4 minutes later
that only thing is PCOD problem alone doctor. m not having thyroid and anething . pls let me knw good treatment for that. with in 4months i am gonna marry . my friends are telling lyk if you having PCOD problems its not possible to born baby . totally i am confused doctor
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for irregular periods with PCOD 5 minutes later
can you say that hormonal tablets name.. already i had dese tab doctor 1.deviry 10mg 2.meprate 3 XXXXXXX 4.cycloreg 5 XXXXXXX i just want to know whether its curable or not. plus wat treatment il do for that doctor..
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy is possible after treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, If PCOD is treated it is possible to have pregnancy. The treatment options depends on severity and duration of the problem. You can try with tablets first. With your doctor's advice you can go for progesterone tablets like deviry or meprate to induce withdrawal bleeding. After that usually in our hospital we suggest insulin sensitizers like metformin to treat insulin resistance in PCOD. Along with them combined hormonal pills can be used to regularize the hormonal levels. These will help in regularizing the menstrual cycles. In non responsive cases surgical procedures like ovarian drilling etc can be done. Take care.
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for irregular periods with PCOD 6 minutes later
from today il start to eat deviry rite.. after dat il get my period.. for how long i should take tis tablet doctor
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Take after consulting your doctor Detailed Answer: Hi, Better to take the tablet after consulting your doctor only. Generally this is advised for 5 days. But the required dosage can differ from person to person depending on their menstrual history. So take tablet after consulting your doctor. Take care.