Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when suffering from enlarged prostate?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I have been felling Bloated and haveing troubling starting peeing, three new medicactions I am taking is omeprazole and AndroGel. I am feeling very week and short of breath. Could any of these medication be causing my problem? My E-Mail is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Remotely possible reaction to medicines. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. You are already under treatment for enlarged prostate with Tramsulosin. Androgel can negate the effect as Androgel is known to cause enlargement of prostate at your age. So you have to stop Androgel. You are already off Prednisone and Omeprazole is not known to cause the problems you are having. Weakness and shortness of breath can rarely be caused by Tramsulosin. The bloating can be due to difficulty in passing urine as a reflex mechanism. You need to consult your treating Doctor and may need to get the urethral catheter passed. Regards,