Suggest the remedy for intermittent stomach pain

May 2014

Hello Doctor I'm XXXX,I have been feeling stomach pain/ache/cramp since september2013.In this regard i consulted 5 gastroenterologist doctors,I had advised to taken whole abdominal scan,In that scan report impression column contain the following statement"No oblivious abnormality detected" .After doctors have seen the report they advised me to take the following tablets pan 40mg,mebiz SR(mebeverine hydrochloride ip 200mg),sompraz D20,ultracet(Acetaminophen&tramadol hydrochloride).But still the pain is coming and going everyday I can't describe the type of pain i have and as well as the pain is not in particular place of my stomach,Sometimes right side,sometimes left side,sometimes top of stomach.Pain is coming and going not existing continuously.Please suggest me what i want to do for cure this pain.Suggest some tablets/remedies for cure the stomach pain
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have gone through your query in detail. Since the ultrasound scan reports show no obvious abnormality, it is understood that there is nor serious pathology concerning liver, gall bladder, pancreas, kidneys, spleen, visualized bowel and urinary bladder. The medications suggested to you are as follows: 1. pan 40mg is pantoprazole and taken before food to reduce acid formation in stomach. 2. mebiz SR(mebeverine hydrochloride ip 200mg) is an antispasmodic and is given to relieve stomach cramps. 3. sompraz D20 is given for decreasing acid formation and taken before food. 4. ultracet(Acetaminophen&tramadol hydrochloride) are non steroidal anti inflammatory medications and given for pain which is due to inflammation. Your situation needs to be discussed in detail. 1. I suggest you get upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done: This will show any ulcer in stomach and duodenum, which can be the cause of continuous pain. This is not seen on ultrasound scan. A chest X ray might also be done. 2. Taking all the above medications continuously is not advisable. Pan 40 can be continued by taking one tablet early morning 30 minutes before you brush your teeth. mebiz SR can be taken as and when necessary if you have cramp pain. Sompraz is not required if you are taking Pan 40. Ultracet should be avoided as much possible because it can cause further acidity and ulcers in stomach. 3. Please stop taking spicy foods, smoking and alcohol for sometime. Take healthy home food cooked with little spices and more of curds. Eat small meals at regular intervals of about every 4 hours. 4. If your pain is still present even after a normal endoscopy report and taking Pan 40 with dietary modifications, you need to consult a surgeon and get CT scan of abdomen if necessary. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek