Suffering from migraine headaches. Taking dynapar medication. Any side-effects of medication?

Dr. XXXXX Sir, I am suffering from migraine headache for the last 10 years. But, I feeling good form the last 3 and 4 years. But, Still I suffering form headache.. At the time of headache that time I took Dynapar Tablets.. Sir, My question is that Is is good for me or not??? Is there side effects of Dynapar? Which tablets have to use. Also this tablets used by my wife also... Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Good to know you are doing relatively well with regard to your Migraine symptoms for the last few years.
Non-steroidal Anti Inflammatory medication like Dynapar (diclofenac sodium+paracetamol) are useful in the acute treatment of Migraine. But the medication is not advisable for long term use owing to the various side effects. Some side effects are kidney injury, liver injury, stomach ulcers, bleeding etc. Also they can cause medication over use headache in the long run.
Please consult a Neurologist to discuss your treatment options. There are a variety of medications to choose from for migraine therapy including triptans & ergots. Also note medication is more effective when taken at the start of headache and a single large dose is more effective than multiple small doses.
Hope this helps!