Suggest remedy for knee pain

Good evening doctor, I am 44 years old having pain in knees. Unkess i apply zandu balm or moov spray i will not get sleep suggest me same remedies.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to tell you that it is very important to find out the cause for pain . I will suggest you to get an Xray of both knees in weight bearing to look for osteoarthritis which seems to be the cause in your case . Any treatment can be suggested only when the cause is known . But still I will advise you to do the quadriceps exercises . Avoid sitting on floor and in squatting position and stairs climbing . Just sorting the pain and pain killers will not solve your purpose , the cause needs to be determined . I will advise you to see a rheumatologist for this . Take care. Dr. Shruti