Suggest diet for hypothyroidism

hi... My age is25 and m a married woman . i have hypothyroid. I am on medication- Eltroxin 75mcg. can u recommend me some precautions in terms of meals, and normal daily routine.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: I appreciate your vision to keep health in check. Detailed Answer: hi XXXX welcome to XXXXXXX I appreciate your vision to keep health in check. as your thyroid hormone levels are low, you need see that your menu regularly includes foods rich in iodine like sea foods, salt water fishes etc. Use only idodized salt. What is also important is what to eat least. Foods which can hamper the synthesis of thyroid hormone in your gland are called goiterogens. These include brassicaseae members like cabbage and cauliflower, cassava, spinach, mustard, soya, sweet potato etc. I would also suggest you to take calcium supplements, either alternate day or alternate months to prevent drug induced bone weakness. Exercising, loosing weight (if you are obese), taking meals in small proportions and finally yoga will defenitely keep your health in sound run. I hope i have addressed your question. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to post. All the best.