Suffering with headaches, pain, fullness in ears with constant crackle. Had wisdom tooth removed. Is this the cause ?

hi, please can you help. i have been suffering with headaches since september a constant headache which i wake up with and go to sleep with. i also have pain, fullness in my ears and around them and they constantly crackle when i swallow. my gp has been useless, instead of tying to find the cause they just give me pain medication to take. i have two children and it seems because of this the doctors are very quick to say its tension headaches and tell you to have time out! nothing stops the pain ever. i told my denist who suggested my wisdom teeth could be causing the pain in my ears and head, so i had my impacted wisdom teeth removed (this was not very nice) and nothing has changed at all.
i have been told its tension headaches, allergies, sinus, something up my nose!, wisdom teeth.
i went to an osteopath who thought i was on the verge of being depressed, this is really really getting me down and i feel like i am a bad mother because im just in pain all day and cant cope with shouting children, i am losing the will to live.
i had acupuncture which helped with the pain but didnt stop either but i cant afford this every week so have had to stop.
could it be a problem with my ears or tmj thats keeps popping up when i research crackling ears, please please help me.
kind regards XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Please do not get dishearten, headache is the commonest problem that we see in day to day practice.
In your case, an infection in the ear or congestion in the middle ear might be causing these symptoms. The crackling of TMJ is less likely to cause such a persistent headache. You can consult an ENT specialist for a detailed check up.
Your ENT specialist or neurologist after examination will decide the probable cause of headache and will also advise some investigation as per need.

In mean time, please do following which should help,

Take good adequate sleep
Plan your diet well
Do regular exercise
Do not take any medicines on your own.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.