Suffering from pain in chin, sore throat and burning sensation in neck. Can inflammation from the acid reflux be the cause?

Dear doctor I have a bad case of Acid reflux , started about 6 months ago . I did endoscopy and my results were " Incompetent Cardia " Currently i am on Pantoprazole 40 once daily . and Motillium 3 times daily . The thing is i am not feeling much better . Before i was using nexium 40 twice daily and i did not improve a lot . The symptoms i have now . Pain under the chin sometimes . Burning sensation in the front of the neck . Sore throat ( i checked with 2 ENTS and they told me there is no infection in my throat ) My neck feels kinda heavy after meals . My voice is weak , if i raise above certain level its painful . Feeling the need to swallow a lot . Watery mouth . My tonsilar lymph nodes feel swollen , specially when i look to the left or the right i can feel something . But they cannot be seen , also i notice that doctors always check the lymph nodes with the patient looking forward . My nodes cant be felt at all if look forward , only when i look to a side . So i went to an ENT who did not find them and convinced me that they dont matter even if they are there . Also one more thing , sometimes after meals i feel some node ( which i doubt is a lymph node at all ) in the middle of the neck above XXXXXXX XXXXXXX , exactly at the point where the neck joins the head . Sometimes this node is big , sometimes i never feel it . It seems related to eating though . This all seems very weird to me . I read on websites someone say it is a cyst and it is common with LPR . Can the inflammation from the acid reflux cause this or not ? I did tests for major diseases cause i am worried about those nodes . I am attaching my test results to you . I am not sexually active now so i can tell you with certainty i dont have Stds . I also dont have any sorts of fever . On medical web sites there is no mention of lymph nodes being related to acid reflux , and some doctors say there is no relation . My other question is about the surgery . Is the surgery useful if the medication does not work ? Or useful only for those who get better with medication ? I am asking cause i know i am not getting better with medication . It is also worth saying that i did urine tests were totally normal . I did liver functions and cbc and it was normal too . Thank you .
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suspected common viral infection,no need to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read all the medical data you provided, and could say that the symptoms you are currently facing might be because of a viral infection. I am glad to see that do not have any serious problem with your liver and urinary tract as shown normal in your lab results. I recommend to - continue taking antopral - add antacids (soda bicarbonate,etc.) - change the diet menu With regards to surgery, I'd suggest to wait and see for the improvement while on medication therapy. If no improvement, consult ENT for surgery. Hope it answered to your inquiry! If you have more questions, feel free to ask in the follow up. I'd be happy to answer them back. Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: Suffering from pain in chin, sore throat and burning sensation in neck. Can inflammation from the acid reflux be the cause? 21 minutes later
Can you elaborate more on the kind of virus you think ? Something like flu ?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Common viral infections,suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. Your clinical symptoms refer to the most common viral infections such as common cold or flu. However, first, I'd suggest - to control your problems with gastric reflux - keep good hygiene of your oral cavity and throat - avoid citrus or foods that cause hyperacidity - avoid too hot or too cold foods or drinks - do not lay down immediately after eating If the lymph-nodes in your neck and the symptoms persists, then, I suggest to consult ENT again and infectious diseases specialist to exclude other infectious disease. Hope it answered to your question! Wish you health! Dr.Klerida