Suffering from low back and neck pain, diagnosed with sacroiliitis. Having degenerative changes. Is it Ankylosing spondylitis?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I am 33 old female, I am suffering of low back pain and neck pain. i have been diagnosed with sacroiliitis . I have degenerative changes in the lumbar spine, spondylotic changes in the neck, is it for sure Ankylosing spondylitis? ESR and CRP are mildly high HLBA 27 is neg,
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
From your symptoms, it seems that you have ankylosing spondylosis. The only sure way to diagnose it is getting an MRI of your spine done. This will help in pin pointing the diagnosis. Being HLA B27 negative does not exclude the diagnosis of AS.
You can consult your rheumatologist for further specific treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.