Suffering from heavy hair fall and dandruff. Permanent cure?

hi, i am XXXXXX 26yrs old.i am suffering from heavy hairfall and dandruff for last 2months.i use to have a long and thick hair from my child hood.but from last two months due to hair fall my hair became very lean.I started having 2eggs daily and carrot juice.I am using XXXXXXX shampoo,but the hair fall increased when i started using any shampoo so i started using i have any solution for this problem?can i get my healthy hair back.i am very worried regard this.i am getting married on 15april can i have a soulution for this i am very much worried why suddenly hair fall .i have only 15days to go
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 57 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
Your hair fall could be due to dandruff and telogen effluvium.
Telogen effluvium is diffuse thinning of hair due to any chronic illness, stress , surgery, nutritional deficiency etc.
To treat the same, follow these suggestions
Use a ketoconazole based antifungal shampoo ( nizoral) every alternate day. Apply it over scalp for five minutes then rinse.
Apply steroid lotion like betamethasone lotion over scalp once in a day.
Once the dandruff is controlled, continue with shampoo once in a week and discontinue steroid lotion.
Also start with tablet keraglo XXXXXXX once in a day. It is a supplement containing vitamins, minerals and amino acid for better hair growth.
Once you have discontinued steroid lotion, you may start applying minoxidil 2 percent solution ( tugain or amexidil)1 ml twice in a day for hair regrowth.
Take a well balanced nutritious diet XXXXXXX in protein, iron and calcium.

I would also like to emphasise that do not expect immediate results, it might require three or four months to see hair regrowth. However control of dandruff will be achieved in two to three weeks.

Hope that helps.

Dr Kalpana Pathak
Follow-up: Suffering from heavy hair fall and dandruff. Permanent cure? 21 minutes later
1)will applying XXXXXXX mixing with yogurt and lemon help to reduce dandruff ?

2)can i have any natural remidies to control dandruff?

3)will shampooing daily will help to reduce dandruff?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later

Daily cleansing of scalp might help to some extent in keeping scalp free of dandruff but optimum results can only be achieved with medicated shampoo.

Home remedies like application of lemon juice in coconut oil, application of XXXXXXX cider vinegar, yogurt, soap nut application or ground fenugreek seed application are being tried by many but results are variable and hence I never advise my patients to solely depend on these measures to treat dandruff. However these might be tried along with use of ketoconazole based anti dandruff shampoo.

Hope that answers your query.
Follow-up: Suffering from heavy hair fall and dandruff. Permanent cure? 2 days later
How long will it take for hair to grow back if dandruff is controlled?
I am very much worried as there is very less time?
I have problem in bowl movement any remedy for the problem i am goinng to bath romm only 2-3 times a week i could not express this problem before any one.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 15 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Hair grows at the rate of approximately half an inch per month. Hence at least four to five months are required to see good hair growth.
To treat constipation, take high fibre or roughage diet. Include vegetables and fruit like cabbage, carrot, XXXXXXX papaya etc in your diet. Do not eat refined flour rotisserie instead take rotis with wheat XXXXXXX You may also include oats in your diet. Go for a daily walk.
If these do not help, you may take isapgul or psyllium husk in juice or milk at night or may take lactulose syrup.

Hope that helps.