Suffering from hair loss and prescribed with radiance H and becadexamin. Hair loss has started again. What do you recommend?

Dermatologist
Question
I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM HAIR LOSS SINCE LAST 2 YEARS. SINCE LAST YEAR DOCTOR ADVISED ME TO TAKE FINEX TAB 1 MG. FOR 1 YEAR I HAVE BEEN TAKING IT CONDITION HAS IMPROVED. NOW HE HAS ADVISED ME TO TAKE RADIANCE H TAB DAILY & BECADEXAMIN TAB. BUT FOR LAST 2-3 MONTHS HAIR LOSS AGAIN STARTED TO GROW.
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 23 hours later
HI XXXXXXX
From the treatment provided it seems you are suffering from male pattern baldness. Finesteride and minoxidil solution are two drugs which have been approved by US FDA for the same. Usually we give both of these in combination or give minoxidil alone. Androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness is a condition due to active component of testosterone 5 DHT which regresses hair growth on scalp. Finax or finesteride prevents conversion of testosterone to 5DHT. Once the drug is stopped, hair reverts back to its original state in few months and this is what is happening with you. As you have taken finesteride for so long,I would advise you to start with minoxidil 5% solution application( 1 ml two times in a day). Also continue with Radiance H and becadexamin which are essentially multivitamin and mineral supplements. Minoxidil might take a month or two to show response.

IF you have been using minoxidil do let me know and also if possible please attach an image of your hair so that grading of hair loss can be ascertained. This would help in suggesting a proper treatment as well as about the results that we expect to achieve. In advanced stages of hair fall medical treatment is not of much help. Hence grading is necessary.
Hope that answered your query.
Should there be any doubt please write back.