Suffering from diabetes and depression. Taking serlift and galvus. Suggest the medication to overcome erection problem

I am suffering from diabetes and depression. I am taking serlift 75 mg from last 7-8 years and galvus met 50/500 for diabetes. my problem is i never have erection a bit since one year at least. pl. suggest some medicines to overcome this problems and its dosage and any change in present medicines as i am getting problem o forgetting the names and events.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: combination of conditions Detailed Answer: Dear sir/madam Welcome to healthcare magic Your case is related to decreased erection due to diabetes and antidepressant drugs. Basically galvusmet 50/500 mg is a very good drug combination which is less related to erectile dysfunction. But you another drug is an anti depressant drugs which causes erectile dysfunction. SECONDLY diabetes itself is a neuropathic condition which if not properly treated night cause erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil comes in the strength of 50 mg, 100mg which can be used for erection if there is contraindications such as low blood pressure or ischemic heart disease. Consult with your treating doctor regarding usage Secondly try to take vitamin b6 and vitamin b12 combinations which inturn improves the condition. Try to discuss with your Psychiatrist regarding antidepressants drugs for change over Hope information is helpful Thanks
Follow-up: Suffering from diabetes and depression. Taking serlift and galvus. Suggest the medication to overcome erection problem 18 minutes later
pl. prescribe dosage of sildenafil and alternate to serlift, my problem is very acute as i don't get erection at all though desire is there. my diabetes is under control.
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dosage Detailed Answer: Hi, Sildenafil is available in dosages of 50 mg and 100 mg. Initially it should be started in low dosages. Taken half an hour before sexual act. Serlift contains Serteraline hydrochloride which is given in major psychiatric disorders. There are many alternatives available such as amytryptillne. But discuss with our psychiatrist before taking it. Thanks