Suffering from cough, chest pain, skin rash and swollen lymph node. Cause and cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
diagnose my sickness pleasefemale 19 years old, symptoms cough, sometimes throat feels obstructed, chest pain level 2 (1 lowest-10highest), night sweats, skin rash, irritability and 1 right side lymph node swollen
the coughing has been at least 4 weeks now
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 46 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

You are most likely suffering acute viral upper respiratory tract infection with secondary bacterial infection.
Presence of persistent cough, fever, skin rash and lymph nodes suggests the diagnosis.
Chest pain may be due to spread of infection to lower respiratory tract (lungs) and involvement of pleura.
Chest pain could be due to chest muscle fatigue with accumulation of lactic acid, causing pain in muscles.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and ENT surgeon simultaneously.
You should go for chest x XXXXXXX complete blood count, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) on preliminary basis.
Chest x XXXXXXX is mandatory if cough persists >2 weeks.
You should take complete antibiotic course, mucolytics, cough suppressants and anti/inflammatory medicines.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Suffering from cough, chest pain, skin rash and swollen lymph node. Cause and cure? 20 minutes later
yes everything is right but I have not gotten a fever.

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 7 hours later
Presence of all mentioned along with no fever still in favor of viral infection/ tubercular infection.
You should go for chest x XXXXXXX and should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist for recovery.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava