Suffering from constipation and gastritis. Looking for remedy

Good day,
I have digestion problems for quite a while, i mean im suffering from constipation problem ,
Even when i sneeze i'm facing quite bad odour and is uncomfortable before others ,and the bad smell stays for sometime , is it any way related with constipation , and motion is not at all proper, some days its normal and stomach is feeling normal but majority of the days its abnormal , and eventually the size of the stomach is getting increased , Please suggest me best remedy which is really helpful.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri 34 hours later
Thank you for the query.

Constipation can lead to heaviness in the abdomen, passage of foul smelling flatus and lack of freshness. Simple measures that can help relieve it include eating lots of XXXXXX vegetables and fruits that contain fibre. If that does not help, you could use a mild laxative to ensure proper bowel movements.

Bad breath is usually not due to constipation but either to food eaten the previous evening remaining in the stomach or due to bacteria in the mouth. For the problem of "gastric statsis", you could try early light dinner and some medicines that make the food go down, called prokinetics. As regards bad breath, brushing before going to bed and using an antiseptic mouth wash can be helpful.
Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Best wishes, GC