Suffering from constipation and gastric problem. Was operated for piles and hernia. Taking pentodac. Suggest?

I am suffering for choronic constipation sevear gastric problem, I feel intestinal obstructin.i was opts for piles &hernia before two years , before one year I was diagnosed for G.E.R.D. now I am taking pentodac 40.
Please guide me further

Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Hello, Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Intestinal obstruction usually presents with abdominal distension, constipation means even no passage of flatus and stool, abdominal pain, and vomiting. And these are are not apparent from your description. If still in doubt get a Xray abdomen in standing position and see for air-fluid levels.

For constipation:
1.Take lots of fibres in your diet and also psyllium fibres
2.Take lots of fluids
3.Take laxative like bisacodyl or picosulphate

1.Avoid fatty meals
2. Don't lie down soon after meals for at least half hour
3.Take small and frequent meals, instead of full meals at a time
4. wear loose clothes
5. Take proton pump inhibitor pantodac as you are taking but twice a day along with pan-prokinetic agent like itopride
6. Head end elevation to around 30degree while sleeping

Hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch