Suffering from breathing problem while climbing staircase. Should I be worried?

For the last 5 years when i climb staircases i pant for there any bad symptom?
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified cardiologist and read your question with diligence.
Panting on climbing stairs is definitely a cause for concern certainly not to panic.
The straightforward answer is yes and no! Because, you have not provided any detail. To be able to give meaningful service, I want to know as much as possible about this symptom you have.
Everyone who climbs stairs pants at some stage so you always compare with similar age persons. Say when you are climbing stairs with your same age colleagues do you lag behind? Do you stop, take a breath and start again? If so, this happens after how many stairs one flight two flight or more? Do you ever get whistling sounds also called wheeze when you are panting?
Have you ever been examined by a doctor who had auscultated to you and told you that you are normal or otherwise? If so when? Say for medical examination for job joining or school health checkup. Have you ever got your blood pressure measured then how much was it.
Did you ever have to be hospitalized with joint pains, fever and shortness of breath in childhood? Please answer these questions so that right advice can be given.
If you have been investigated please upload x-ray or EKG report or doctors notes that facility is available. Take your time and get back, there is no time limit to answer these questions and you do not have to answer all. You can add any other information which could be relevant like past illness, treatment, name of your skin disease and so on.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW