Suffering from anal fissure. Given stool softener LOX jelly. Suggest natural remedy for permanent cure instead of surgery?

General Surgeon
Question
I am suffering from anal fissure , I have gone to a surgeon who did a physical examination and confirmed it is a anal fissure.
He gave a stool softener and 2% LOX jelly to apply but he said permanent treatment is surgery.
I do not want to go for surgery so is there a natural remedy for anal fissure rather than going for a surgery.
Is it safe to take cremafin plus for a long time? What can be a natural substitute for cremafin?
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 46 minutes later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Generally if the anal fissure can not be treated for some time (like a month or longer), surgery is advisable. It is because its much easier to treat acute fissure than chronic. Fissure is a kind of wound. This wound when started to treat right after its creation gives great chances to heal. Old wound is really hard to heal so it needs to be removed and stitched.
Fissure is caused by chronic costipation. So the most important thing is to avoid constipation. Here is the treatment you should try before the surgery:
- increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake
- use stool softener if necessary
- wash your rectum after every stool
- do not push hard on stool
- have sitz baths with Quercus Cortex twice a day
- use Nitroglycerine cream to relax anus muscle

Such treated fissure should get healed in a week or two. If not, surgery is your next step.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from anal fissure. Given stool softener LOX jelly. Suggest natural remedy for permanent cure instead of surgery? 8 minutes later
Is stool softener safe for long term use??
Till the time i take stool softener the fissure does not trouble me.

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later
Stool softener should be used only temporary. For long term use, diet should be modified to make stool softer. To do that you should increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake. You may also use fiber supplements. Increased physical activity or even abdominal massage can greatly stimulate bowel movements.

Please follow mentioned steps and see if it will help.

Regards.

Follow-up: Suffering from anal fissure. Given stool softener LOX jelly. Suggest natural remedy for permanent cure instead of surgery? 0 minute later
Thank u for answering the queries and your prompt response

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
You are welcome. Hope you will get well soon.