Suffering from UTI. Having irregular vaginal bleeding. What could be causing this?

May 2013
Hi I have been having vaginal bleeding for three weeks not heavy but noticeable. Until three months ago my periods have been extremely regular. I went to my obgyn and he treated me for a small case of vaginitis. I completed the antibiotics and got a yeast infection treated the yeast infection and got a Uti followed by another cycle of antibiotics and yeast infections. My obgyn says its just hormones but past night I had a thick black tar like discharge that's worrying me. My pad wouldn't absorb it and it had dried on the exterior of my vagina. This morning it's back to red bleeding. What could be causing this chaos??
Thank you
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

The possible causes for you bleeding are:
Ortho evra patch can cause side effects like break through bleeding.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW Sometimes this bleeding can occur in thick color also.
One more possibility is as you used course of antibiotics to treat the infection, some of the antibiotics can alter the levels of the hormones of the patch and can affect its function leading to breakthrough bleeding.
So usually this bleeding will subside soon. If the bleeding continues you can take treatment to stop it with your doctor's advice.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.