Suffering from Coccydynia. Suggested using pillow. Will this affect pregnancy? What is the permanent cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My cousin is suffering from Coccydynia( WWW.WWWW.WW as diagnosed by doctor, she got this because of sitting on a hard surface for extended period of time in a family trip and neglecting it for nearly 3 years until things got worse. She was suggested to use a pillow sort of thing to sit on, and no medicine was subscribed. Doctor had suggested to give an injection directly to the bone if things got worse. But rght now she is just fine with absolutely no pain, as she is avoding sitting on hard surfaces for long time.

So my question here is will this affect her during her pregnancy ( not yet pregnant ), and is this permanent?, will this eventually get cured or is permanent?.
Anything else We should be worried about like will it turn into something else, like this pain getting extended to back bone?.
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
This will not affect her pregnancy or delivery.

Detailed Answer:
Coccydynia is caused by an inflammation of the coccyx bone or scarococcygeal joint. If presently there is no pain or any other symptoms then there is nothing to worry. It does not cause any long term disability until there is an injury or fracture in the area. She should not have any problem during pregnancy or a normal delivery.
This does not cause any back pain or damage to back bone.
Try to eat a high fiber diet foods to soften stools and avoid constipation.
Once the inflammation subsides, she may be symptom free for a long time. She will have to take precautions to avoid any such inflammation in future.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.