Suffered from skull fracture. When can I fly after treatment?

Neurologist, Surgical
My father-in-law is on holiday in XXXXXXX and has suffered a skull fracture. How soon after he is released from the hospital will he be able to fly? It's a six hour flight.

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 1 hour later
Dear Friend,

If skull fracture is linear and undisplaced and there is no XXXXXXX bleeding or Cerebro Spinal Fluid (CSF) rhinorrhoea i.e. watery discharge from ear or nose or air inside brain he can fly back after one or two days rest.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other enquiries.

Dr Vineet