Suffered from bulimia. Ultrasound showed thin endometrial lining. Is this due to birth control pills?

Do Birth Control pills thin your uterus lining?
I have been on YAZMIN/YAZ since I am 16 and I am now 23. I also have suffered from Bulimia since im about 17 until 22. My GYNO says I will be fine to have a child as long as I have stopped throwing up and that everythign is fine. However, when I went for an ultrasound they said that my endometrial lining was thin. I read online though how birth control thins out the lining of the uterus. I am wondering if this is true, or of my bulimia thinned out my uterus lining. I am 5'2 and about 108 lbs. My lowest weight was 102 when i was purging a lot.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 50 minutes later

XXXXXXX is low dose hormone containing birth control pills. These pills can be continued until age of 50 if you are healthy & these are having no effect on uterine lining.

Your main problem seems to be Bulimia; it may cause Amenorrhea & even infertility.

So, quit this habit & consult your Gynecologist for further routine investigations.

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Follow-up: Suffered from bulimia. Ultrasound showed thin endometrial lining. Is this due to birth control pills? 1 hour later
Okay thanks. So in your opinion though. If i am no longer throwing up and at a healthy weight.. My chances of conceiving should be normal. I never lost my period.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later

Thanks for posting follow up query.

Until now, you are taking XXXXXXX continuously. Therefore, your periods are regular.

If, after discontinuation of XXXXXXX & quitting Bulimia, your periods remain regular, then the chances of conception should be normal.

You are welcome to ask further queries.