Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant vomiting, migraine, headaches, neck pain and vision loss. Suggest

May 2014

I suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury and wasn't pick up on ct scan I kept going back and forth to hospital a doctor suggest the hemorrhage was the cause are the any medications that can help with the sever symptoms I am having because I was not treat and suffered a month of constant vomiting migraine headaches neck pain vision loos and balance I never recovered
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

The amount of time it will take you to recover from a subarachnoid hemorrhage will depend on the severity of the hemorrhage.

The location of the haemorrhage will also affect whether you have any associated neurological conditions, such as loss of feeling in your arms or legs or problems understanding speech.

Recovery can be a frustrating process. You may make a lot of progress and then suffer setbacks and it is likely you will have good days and bad days.

Feelings of anger, resentment and sadness are common. An assessment from a clinical psychologist or referral to a memory clinic can also be helpful.

It is important to know when you had the injury.

Headaches are common after a haemorrhage but they tend to ease in time. They are not normally as severe as when you had your haemorrhage and you should be able to control them with over-the-counter painkillers such as paracetamol.

Drinking plenty of fluids (two to three litres of water a day) should also help reduce the severity and frequency of headaches.

Following a brain injury, problems with your vision such as blurring, blind spots, black spots and double vision are common.

Your vision might need to be tested by an ophthalmologist (a doctor who specialises in the care of the eye). Improvement in your vision will usually happen gradually over a number of months

Neck pain may be due to cervical spine muscle spasm and needs to be assessed by your doctor. Balance problems are known to occur due to mild injury to brain or inner ear (balance centers). They will improve over months and if it is severe, consulting a neurologist might help.

Hope your query is answered.
Should you have any doubts, please write back.